Everyone should have access to a good education at a great local school.
Since I was elected in 2014 I have been successful in helping secure State Government funding for many of our local schools.
Wins for local schools include:
- $7.3 million for upgrades to Kensington Primary School.
- A new Docklands Primary School, which opened in 2021.
- A new second campus for North Melbourne Primary School, to open in 2023.
- $900,000 for traffic safety upgrades around Docklands Primary School, and we’re fighting for more.
- $300,000 in urgent repairs at Carlton North Primary School, and we’re working on more funding for important upgrades and maintenance.
I’m fighting for:
- More funding for urgent maintenance needs at Carlton North Primary School.
- More schools in the new Arden development.
- More public high schools for the inner city.
- Raising public school funding in Victoria, which has the lowest rate of public school funding of any state in Australia.
- Mental health professionals and psychologists in schools to help kids recover from the pandemic.
- A traffic management plan and further safety upgrades to roads around Docklands Primary school, including fixing the Footscray Rd/Docklands Drive intersection.
- Actually making public school free by abolishing extra fees for parents.